We are doing our part by reducing our carbon footprint to an absolute minimum. Costa Rica leads the world in achieving carbon neutrality, expected by 2030. Costa Rica is already producing more than 90% of its energy from renewable sources.
A few of the steps we have taken to keep your hosting as green as possible:
- Switched to a paperless invoicing system.
- Use of evaporative cooling mechanisms and fans rather than air-conditioning for the majority of the time spent in the office.
- Telecommuting. 60% of our workforce telecommutes at least 80% of the time. Public Transportation. The remaining 40% of our workforce uses public transportation to and from our office.
- Location, location, location. We are located a few blocks from the server farm. Instead of burning fossil fuels, we walk to and from our upstream provider for fast footprint-free installation and service.
- We actively offset our remaining footprint through a company-owned farm with abundant trees. We are in the process of acquiring certification for this project.